This is Part 6 of research into Church Hill, Coleshill Street and Mill Street, Sutton Coldfield and the people who lived there. Part 6 concentrates solely upon Coleshill Street, from its origin dating back some 800 years to the time of the Earls of Warwick, until the early 1900’s.
The research is centered on a diary written by Richard Holbeche in 1892. It is a recollection of the places he knew and the people he met during the period of his childhood.
Census Returns covering the period between 1841 and 1911 have been used, together with Burgess Rolls, Poor Rate Books and Directories, to expand upon the initial information provided by Richard Holbeche about the families who lived in the street.